Residential Pottery Courses in France with Sylph Baier
I am offering weekly residential pottery courses in a 17th century mill ('The Moulin') near Bergerac, France, for a maximum of 3 students in two beautiful workshops in April, May, June, September and October.
Improve your skills and knowledge in a creative environment.
The mill is in an area which is accredited as a bird sanctuary and is situated in a valley with extensive woodland walks.
Course Dates for 2018
Sun April 22nd until Sat 28th April
Sun 6th May until Sat 12th May
Sun 20rd May until Sat 26th May
Sun 3rd June until Sat 9thJune
Sun 17th June until Sat 23rd June
Sun 1st July until until Sat 7th July
Sun 9th Sept until Sat 15th September
Sun 23rd Sept until Sat 29th September
Sun 7th Oct until Sat 13th October
Sun 21st October until Sat 27th October
Other dates can be discussed for individual tuition. Beginners welcome!
Included with the Courses
- Airport transfers to and from Bergerac airport
- Full board and lodging. Continental buffet breakfast, a 3 course French lunch at the local inn and a light buffet supper at the Moulin at 6pm. Note: vegans and vegetarians can be catered for.
- Up to 5kg of finished and fired work in Limoges porcelain or 10 kg of stoneware clay. (Additional work can be made and is charged separately at £10 per fired and glazed kg of Limoges porcelain and £5 for stoneware and can be shipped at cost price)
Tuition will be 20 hours per week mainly in the mornings from Monday to Friday starting at 9am. It is mainly throwing based and would suit students with some throwing experience but other techniques can also be covered as well as glazing and firing in electric and gas reduction kiln.
There will be tea/coffee breaks at 11am and 4pm.
The workshop is available to students unsupervised until 9pm. There is also a program of films available in the evening and the library is open until 10pm.
Some recent feedback from visitors/students
- I have just spent a delightful week with Sylph, improving my throwing skills in her studio...
- Well, I started off with a list of things to achieve and managed to tick them all off as the week progressed. The tuition was excellent throughout, striking just the right balance.
- I recently had the treat of spending a week with Sylph Baier in France at her new residential workshop...
- Thanks again for having us at your place ... it's beautiful and inspiring and we have enjoyed every minute! James and Emily from the UK
Accommodation & Prices
Double (the Blue Room) with en-suite shower and toilet: £880 per student (course and accommodation).
Double (the Red Room) with en-suite shower and toilet: £880 per student (course and accommodation).
Twin or double 'grenier' room (the White Room) with limited headroom and access to a bathroom below (N.B. there are steep steps): £790 per student (course and accommodation).
Partners are welcome for a holiday only at £440 (£395 for the White Room) each for full board and lodging without the tuition fees.
If you wish to book, a deposit of 20% secures your booking and is non refundable should you wish to cancel.
The balance is due one month prior to your arrival.
We ask guests to use only environmentally friendly products.
Transfers are included from and to Bergerac airport which has flights coming in from Stansted and Southampton. I will need to know your flight number, details and time of arrival and departure, so I can be there to collect you.
You will need to book your flight well in advance arriving on the Sunday and departing on the Saturday.
If you wish to have an alcoholic drink in the evening, we stock a good selection of local wines, mainly from the Bergerac and Bordeaux region. This is sold by the bottle and charged separately (there is an honesty box).
You will need to let me know if you have any special dietary requirements.
Please get in touch if you have any additional questions or if you fancy a chat. I can ring you on a landline after 8pm English time.
Further information or if you wish to book, please contact Sylph Baier at email@example.com